Christmas Cookie Recipes: Peanut Butter Blossoms
One of my husband’s favorite cookies is the Peanut Butter Blossom. Around the holidays, it’s a must make. Although it’s an easy cookie to bake, I’m sharing my recipe because my super critical husband has approved it after other versions were tossed out. My secret is putting the unwrapped Hershey’s Kisses into the freezer; that way they stay in tact in the hot cookie base.
Chad’s Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 48 Hershey’s Kisses
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
About 4 dozen cookies.